WELCOME TO NEWTON COLLEGE
WELCOME TO NEWTON COLLEGE
A truly warm welcome to Newton College, an exciting place to learn and a community driven by getting even better.
Our school has grown consistently since it was founded in 1991 and is now a leading school of reference within the local area and beyond.
What does amazing learning mean to you?
Here at Newton College, amazing learning is a life-long journey where we are challenged to get better in an ever changing world. This means that everyday, around the school we see our children and students growing in knowledge, skills and confidence as they respond to our challenge.
At the heart of this success is a clear and consistent focus on great learning experiences. We are successful, because we aim high. Our dedicated team of teaching professionals and supportive families work together to develop the unique potential within every one of our students.
Our creative international framework enables our students to excel at the best universities across the world.
Our students thrive as they learn both the British and the Spanish curricula. Between Early Years education and the Baccalaureate level, we also teach international programmes, after which our students have the option of pursuing the International Bilingual Diploma.
Beyond this, we prepare young minds for the future by applying a pedagogical model that is unique to Newton College: “Creative & Design Thinking”. This programme includes creative “Maker spaces”, which are designed for agility and innovation.
Newton College offers an environment where creativity, skill development and the appropriate use of technology become agents in the learning process. Our students are delighted in meeting the challenge of finding innovative solutions and transforming them into unique, attractive products.
All students enjoy a curricular and pedagogical framework along with interesting projects from our Social Action Plan and “Opening Minds” programme. Here, your children will experience and become aware of values that are important for their personal and emotional maturity, complemented by the elements that our school boasts in its emblem: independence, respect, personal integrity and knowledge.
When you read about us through this website and visit us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, we are confident that that you will agree that your children can reach their full potential in this positive and stimulating environment.
We look forward to welcoming you in person to find out more about our great school and how you can join our growing community.
With the warmest of welcomes,
Mr. Alan Taylor
WHY NEWTON COLLEGE?
Newton College is a private non-granted, mixed, secular and liberal school. In the first educational stages, we offer the British National Curriculum aligned with the Early Years and Primary International Programmes (IEYC y IPC). In the Secondary stage, we combine the Middle Years Programme (MYP) of the International Baccalaureate and the Spanish National Curriculum. And finally, in the Sixth Form our students can choose between two differentiated pathways: the Diploma Programme (DP) of the International Baccalaureate and the Spanish National Curriculum.
In addition to this complete and well-rounded educational programme, we give you 10 more reasons why Newton College is the best school choice:
- We offer our students a comprehensive education.
- We inspire each and every one of our students to develop a passion for learning.
- We provide quality education with personalised attention, based on our founding principles of respect and hard work.
- We contribute to the preparation of global citizens, with a sense of responsibility and integrity. We are thinkers, good communicators and very internationally minded.
- We inspire excellence, stimulate learning and creativity, and teach our students to discover the infinite paths to their educational and professional future, in an increasingly demanding world.
- We value individuality, encouraging the personal growth of each of our students.
- We work to ensure that each child realises their full potential.
- Our students have access to a broad range of university courses as preparation for a successful professional career, whether in Spain or abroad.
- The education we provide is complemented by solid grounding in values in every subject and at every stage.
- Our open and friendly approach reflects the way we engage with others. We are proud of the strong personal links created across our educational community.
- 2 dining halls with our own kitchen.
- 1 cookery room
- 1 Dream lab
- 2 psychomotricity classrooms
- 2 multi-activity classrooms
- 1 Library
- 2 Art workshops
- 4 Music classrooms
- 2 Video classrooms
- 3 Computer classrooms
- 1 Audio-visual lab
- 5 Science labs
- 1 TV Studio
- 1 Radio studio (Newton Air)
- 1 Innovation Centre
- Multimedia classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- 1 Covered sports pavilion
- 3 5-a-side football/handball courts
- 4 Mini-football courts
- 1 Basketball court
- 2 Mini-basket courts
- 1 Volleyball court
- 1 Multi-sports pitch
- 1 Football pitch 8 with artificial turf